Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution concerns storing and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server run by a web hosting provider. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you desire to launch a weblog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular companies, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage packages often include ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the load between autonomous bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a vast quantity of pictures with chums or associates since the service is typically free. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to handling your e-mails. Some firms provide web page hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to launch an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to run as many video files as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to own a web site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Domain Control Network, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular content solely.